© 2014 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.

6/13/2014 10:10 P.M. ET

Cahill making mechanics adjustment in Minors

LOS ANGELES -- Fixing D-backs right-hander Trevor Cahill is going to take some time.

Cahill on Thursday accepted an assignment to Class A Visalia in attempt to figure out the mechanical issues that led him to struggling so mightily this season at the big league level.

In his first outing for Visalia on Thursday night, Cahill allowed four runs on two hits. He did not walk a batter but did hit a pair.

The D-backs asked Cahill to make some mechanical adjustments, and after he throws his between-starts bullpen session, he will be transferred to Triple-A Reno for his next start.

The team will send pitching consultant and longtime Major League pitching coach, Dave Duncan, to work with him.

"I think if he does something one way for a long time, any little change is dramatic," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said of Cahill. "Again, you want to get it to where you're doing it without thinking about it. I would guess [Thursday] night he was thinking about it and it takes something away. It's part of the process, so be patient and stay tuned."

Inciarte placed on seven-day concussion DL

LOS ANGELES -- For D-backs outfielder Ender Inciarte, the timing could not have been worse.

Finally getting a chance to play on a near-everyday basis in the big leagues, Inciarte now finds himself on the disabled list for at least the next week.

Inciarte was placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list Friday.

In the third inning Thursday night, as Inciarte attempted to swipe second base, Houston's Jonathan Villar left the ground to field the throw from catcher Carlos Corporan, and the shortstop's leg made contact with Inciarte's head.

"As soon as he got me, I had blurred vision and wasn't feeling good," Inciarte said. "I thought it was going to go away quick, but during the game it kept going and I was feeling dizzy and had a headache the whole night."

Inciarte was diagnosed with a concussion and will miss a minimum of seven days. He left the team to return to Phoenix on Friday and will start taking concussion tests shortly.

With center fielder A.J Pollock out for six to eight weeks with a fractured hand, Inciarte was getting the bulk of starts in center.

"It is really frustrating," Inciarte said. "I didn't want this to happen. I don't want anybody to get hurt, but I had this opportunity and I was trying to play as hard as I could and it just happened."

Campana recalled to bolster outfield depth

LOS ANGELES -- Tony Campana had fallen asleep during Triple-A Reno's late-night bus ride from Nashville to Memphis when the buzzing of his cellphone woke him.

On the other end of the line was Reno manager Phil Nevin, who was traveling separately in a car, with news that Campana was headed back to the big leagues to take the place of the injured Ender Inciarte.

"It's a good wakeup call," Campana said. "It's fun, though, every time. Anytime you can come up here it's exciting, so it's good to be here."

Campana got to Memphis around 3 a.m. and then caught a 10 a.m. flight to Los Angeles, hopping in a cab and arriving at Dodger Stadium just in time for batting practice.

"I'll just do what I can do every day, just see if I can have a little spark for as long as I'll be here," Campana said. "It could be a very short time. Just win a few games while I'm here."

Campana started the year with the D-backs and hit .160 in 51 plate appearances before being optioned to Reno on May 2. While with Reno he hit .286.

"I think the big thing is I felt OK at the plate when I left here," Campana said. "I felt like I was hitting the ball all right, just kind of hitting the ball at people. I was able to find some holes down there and anytime you're finding holes, your confidence gets up and that seems to keep going."

Steve Gilbert is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Inside the D-backs, and follow him on Twitter @SteveGilbertMLB. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.