Royals Press Release
Homestand Highlights: June 4-11
Royals Welcome Cardinals, Yankees and Indians with Great Giveaways and Events
KANSAS CITY, MO (June 2, 2014) - The Kansas City Royals will return to Kauffman Stadium on Wednesday, June 4 to host an eight-game homestand against the St. Louis Cardinals, New York Yankees and division foe Cleveland Indians. Great tickets remain for all three series. Throughout the homestand, fans can get some fantastic giveaways including a tote bag, gift cards, a Nori Aoki poster and the next T-shirt Tuesday design. The Royals will also honor Yankee shortstop Derek Jeter with a special pregame ceremony on June 9. Please see below for more information.
Wednesday, June 4 - St. Louis Cardinals vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Thursday, June 5 - St. Louis Cardinals vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Royals Tote Bag - The first 20,000 fans will receive a Royals Tote Bag, courtesy of MLB Network (photo attached).
- First Responders Night - The Royals and GovX are proud to salute members of the military and first responders. During select games throughout the season, including two during this homestand, members will be honored during a pregame presentation. In addition, specially-priced tickets will also be available throughout the season. For more information, visit www.GovX.com/Royals.
Friday, June 6 - New York Yankees vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Mystery Gift Cards - The first 5,000 fans receive a mystery card with great discounts to Rally House. One lucky fan will receive a card worth $1,000 to be redeemed at any metro Rally House or Kansas Sampler location.
- First Responders Night - The Royals and GovX are proud to salute members of the military and first responders. During select games throughout the season, members will be honored during a pregame presentation. In addition, specially-priced tickets will also be available throughout the season. For more information, visit www.GovX.com/Royals.
- Summer Fireworks - Fans will enjoy a spectacular fireworks show, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, June 7 - New York Yankees vs. Royals, 6:15 p.m.
- Play It Forward Contest presented by Missouri Lottery - After voting throughout the first 31 home games, the new sixth-inning sing-a-long song will be decided. The song, which was voted by fans through a bracket-style contest, will be the overall contest winner and played in the remaining games of the 2014 season. For more information, visit www.royals.com/playitforward
- 610 Saturday - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special - Buffalo Chicken Dip for just $6.10 - in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, June 8 - New York Yankees vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- Norichika Aoki Poster - The first 10,000 fans will get a poster of Royals right fielder Norichika Aoki, courtesy of Magniflex and Pittcraft Printing (photo attached).
- Father/Daughter Day - Fathers and daughters can enjoy a special day at the ballpark by purchasing a ticket package that includes a limited edition hat and commemorative photo. For more information, visit www.royals.com/family.
- Family FunDay Sunday - Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment by School of Rock, plus face painters, caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. New this season, fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs with select players each Sunday. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that includes four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes - over $150 in value - for just $80! www.royals.com/sunday.
- Sunday Fun Run - All fans 14 and under can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Monday, June 9 - New York Yankees vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Royals To Honor Jeter - The Royals will salute the stellar playing career of Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter in a special pregame ceremony prior to the series finale. The game marks the last regular-season contest at Kauffman Stadium for Jeter, who is retiring at the end of the 2014 season. The Royals are offering a special Dynamic Deal featuring 45 percent savings for that night as fans can purchase Hy-Vee Infield tickets for just $20. Fans can take advantage of this deal by purchasing tickets at www.royals.com/dynamicdeals.
Tuesday, June 10 - Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- T-shirt Tuesday - The first 10,000 fans will receive a powder blue Kansas City baseball t-shirt (photo attached).
Wednesday, June 11 - Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- Student "Night" presented by INK Magazine - Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $8. Select tickets are also available online at www.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include pregame food and beverage specials available at the Crown Classic concession area.
- Local Music Showcase presented by INK Magazine - Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing during this showcase will be the band, She's A Keeper. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.