Yankees Press Release
Yankees to Host 112th Home Opener on Monday, April 7
"Core Four" to take part in ceremonial first pitches
The New York Yankees will play their first home game of the 2014 season on Monday, April 7, vs. the Baltimore Orioles at 1:05 p.m. at Yankee Stadium.
Gates will open to fans with valid tickets beginning at 11:00 a.m., with festivities slated to begin at approximately 12:30 p.m. with the introduction of both teams on the baselines. The Yankees ask their fans to please budget ample time when planning their trip to the Stadium and urge their fans to use public transportation.
Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera will throw the Opening Day ceremonial first pitches to Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada. Pettitte and Rivera, who each will also be honored with the "Pride of the Yankees Award" at the 35th Annual Homecoming Dinner following the game, will become the 13th and 14th former Yankees player to receive the Opening Day honor. Posada threw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the Yankees' 2012 home opener.
Kelli O'Hara, Tony nominee and co-star of the Broadway musical The Bridges of Madison County, will sing the national anthem. In addition, a giant American flag will be unfurled by 75 West Point Cadets.
During the seventh-inning stretch, James Moye of the Broadway hit Bullets Over Broadway will perform "God Bless America."
Following Opening Day, the Yankees will continue their nine-game homestand with two more games vs. Baltimore (April 8-9), a four-game set vs. the Boston Red Sox (April 10-13) and a two-game series vs. the Chicago Cubs (April 15-16). The homestand will feature special pregame ceremonies and giveaways, as well as unique events:
Thursday, April 10 - Yankees vs. Red Sox, 7:05 p.m.
* Mark Rivera, longtime Billy Joel band mate and Music Director for Ringo Starr, will sing the national anthem.
Friday, April 11 - Yankees vs. Red Sox, 7:05 p.m.
* Magnetic Schedule Night, presented by AT&T, to all Guests in attendance.
Saturday, April 12 & Sunday, April 13 - Yankees vs. Red Sox (1:05 p.m. and 8:05 p.m., respectively)
- * Calendar Day/Night, presented by Subway, to all Guests in attendance.
Monday, April 14 - Tuesday, April 15
* The Yankees and Major League Baseball will co-host the third annual MLB Diversity Business Summit, an event that provides attendees with unique access to executives from MLB, all 30 MLB clubs, as well as those from MLB media entities.
Tuesday, April 15 - Yankees vs. Cubs, 7:05 p.m.
* As part of the Jackie Robinson Day pregame ceremonies, Nelson Mandela will be honored with a plaque in Monument Park.
Wednesday, April 16 - Yankees vs. Cubs, 7:05 p.m.
* Yankees Peeps Collectible Night (Yankee Stadium Exclusive), presented by Peeps Brands, to first 10,000 Guests 14 and younger.
For information on parking and public transportation options to Yankee Stadium, please visit yankees.com and click on the Yankee Stadium tab at the top of the page.