D-backs Press Release
Eighth annual Subway D-backs FanFest takes place one month from today
Gibson, Upton, Kennedy, Hudson, Putz, Roberts and Young among the dozens of current and former D-backs players, coaches and broadcasters to participate
PHOENIX – The Arizona Diamondbacks announced today that they will host the eighth annual SUBWAY® D-backs FanFest on Saturday, February 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Chase Field. The free event will offer fans unprecedented access to current players, coaches, alumni and broadcasters, including autograph and photo sessions on the field at Chase Field. Last year’s event drew an estimated 12,500 fans to Chase Field.
Among the D-backs players currently scheduled to attend include Willie Bloomquist, Geoff Blum, Craig Breslow, Sam Demel, Stephen Drew, David Hernandez, Aaron Hill, Daniel Hudson, Ian Kennedy, Jason Kubel, John McDonald, Wade Miley, Joe Paterson, J.J. Putz, Ryan Roberts, Bryan Shaw, Justin Upton, Chris Young and Brad Ziegler. Coaches expected to participate include Manager Kirk Gibson, Bench Coach Alan Trammell and Bullpen Coach Glenn Sherlock. Broadcasters Daron Sutton, Mark Grace, Greg Schulte, Tom Candiotti, Oscar Soria, Miguel Quintana and Richard Saenz will also be in attendance, as well as D-backs legend Luis Gonzalez.
Children 12 and under will receive free autographs in a special area, while others can receive access to autograph sessions with a $5 donation to the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation. The first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a SUBWAY® cash card. Each custom card features the D-backs and is loaded with an amount ranging from $1 - $100.
Season tickets can be purchased during the event through the Select-A-Seat program, which highlights available seats for the upcoming season throughout the ballpark. Mini-plans will also be made available to fans, as well as information on group outings. Single-game tickets will not go on sale until late February.
A brand new area called the D-backs Digital Clubhouse will provide a central hub for connecting with the team through digital media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, MLB At Bat and the Digital D-backs Wi-Fi portal. D-backs players will interact with fans through the team’s social media accounts and fans will have the chance to participate in an on-site scavenger hunt via Twitter to win D-backs tickets and prizes.
Other SUBWAY® D-backs FanFest highlights include:
- D-backs home clubhouse tours
- Question and answer sessions with D-backs players, coaches, broadcasters and alumni
- Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Yard Sale
- Family Fun Zone featuring speed pitch, T-ball and other interactive inflatables, presented by Cox Communications
- D-backs Training Centers Wiffle ball fields and clinics featuring D-backs players and coaches
- Brand new on-field food court
- Live Sports 620 KTAR broadcast throughout the day
- FOX Sports Arizona KidKaster auditions
- Kids will have the opportunity to color their favorite player’s headshots at the APACC booth, with the headshots to be featured in Sunday games throughout the season
- Sign ups to audition to sing the national anthem or be a Rally-back, Golden Glover or D-backs Legends Race participant
For up-to-date information regarding SUBWAY® D-backs FanFest, please visit dbacks.com/fanfest or call 602.462.FEST (3378).