1. DESCRIPTION: 50/50 Raffle is a raffle whereby tickets are sold throughout Kauffman Stadium from when the gates open until the end of the sixth inning every home game. Tickets are sold for 1 for $2, 3 for $5, 10 for $10 or 40 for $20. During the seventh inning of the game, the winning raffle ticket number will be displayed on CrownVision and announced over the PA system. A lucky fan takes home half of the proceeds minus any related expenses from the game's raffle ticket sales (half of the net proceeds). The other half goes to Royals Charities.
The Kansas City Royals and Royals Charities are committed to being active members of the Kansas City community and region. Created in 2001, Royals Charities strives to support children, education, youth baseball/softball, and military in and around the Kansas City area.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This raffle is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Royals Charities ("Sponsor"), the Kansas City Royals Baseball Club, ARAMARK, Contemporary Services Corporation (CSC), Contract Cleaning Co., Walz Tetrick Advertising, and Edelman & Thompson, and the immediate families and household members of each of the above, are not eligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable Federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Each Raffle begins every home Royals game at the time the Kauffman Stadium gates are open to the public and ends at the conclusion of the sixth inning of each game (each a "Raffle Period") provided, however, if a game does not start on time, or is delayed during the first two innings, raffle tickets will be sold for at least three hours from the time stadium gates open.
You may enter a raffle at Kauffman Stadium by purchasing raffle tickets sold for 1 for $2, 3 for $5 or 10 for $10, or 40 for $20 from Royals Charities 50/50 Raffle charitable game day staff stationed throughout the stadium. By participating in this raffle, you agree to follow these contest rules. By accepting a prize, you give us your permission (except where prohibited) to use your name, likeness and statements for publicity purposes without additional compensation including display of your name and image on the Kauffman Stadium CrownVision video board. All entries must be received by the end of the Raffle Period.
4. DRAWING: The prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning for each entry are 1/total number of entries received. The drawing will be held on or about the beginning of the seventh inning of the applicable game and will be conducted by Royals Charities whose decision is final and binding. The winner will be notified via the stadium PA System and Royals CrownVision, and the winning number will be posted online at www.royals.com/5050. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made 30 business days from the first notification attempt, the person will be disqualified, with the money being donated to Royals Charities. One winning ticket will be selected each game. The winning ticket should be presented at the Royals Charities Headquarters. The winner will be mailed a check within thirty (30) days after claiming his/her prize.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning the grand prize are 1/the total number of entries received.
7. GENERAL RULES: All entries and prize claims become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Released Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, incomplete or postage-due entries, prize claims or mail. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winners consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names and/or photographs for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without limitation and without additional compensation, notification or permission. By participating in this raffle, each entrant accepts and agrees (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to release Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees and agencies of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability of any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in this raffle or resulting from acceptance, or use/misuse of the prize. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the raffle, violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION THE CONTEST RULES AND OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this raffle, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceedings shall take place in a federal or state court within the state of Missouri.; 2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Missouri, or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Missouri. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR ITS RELATED ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS RAFFLE.
9. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners send a self addressed stamped envelope to: "Royals Charities 50/50 Raffle" Winners, One Royal Way, Kansas City, MO 64129. Requests must be received within ninety (90) days after each raffle.