1. Summary of Program. The D-backs Give Back $150,000 School Challenge (Program) will award a portion of up to $150,000 (each a Grant) to various school programs throughout the State of Arizona. By submitting an application, the applicant, on behalf of him/herself and his/her school, is unconditionally agreeing to, and accepting, all terms of these Official Rules. Submissions will be accepted commencing at 8:00 a.m. MST on August 1, 2014, and must be received by 4:59 p.m. MST on September 30, 2014 (Submission Deadline). Apollo Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries (including the University of Phoenix) are not the official sponsors or administrators of the Program. Eligible submissions will be evaluated by the University of Phoenix and Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)3 public charity (Foundation). The Foundation will award Grants as determined in its sole and absolute discretion. It is estimated that each Grant will be approximately $5,000.
2. Eligibility. The Program is open to all Arizona public, private, and nonprofit charter schools, Grades K12. Only teachers, coaches, and administrators of the school may submit an application on behalf of a school. All schools and their applicants must meet these eligibility requirements.
3. Grant Descriptions.
a. Categories. Up to $150,000 in Grants may be distributed in the following four (4) categories:
(i) Educational Programs
(iI) Innovation & Technology
(iII) Nutrition & Fitness
(iv) School & Campus Improvements
b. Grant Recipients. It is estimated that each Grant will be approximately $5,000; provided, however, that the actual amount awarded may be more or less. The Foundation also reserves the right to provide additional benefits to Grant recipients. All benefits shall determined by the Foundation in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. Submission of Applications.
5. Selection of Application.
6. Assignment of Applications. Upon submission, all applications shall become the sole property of the Foundation and will not be returned. In consideration of, and as a condition to, having an application considered for use in awarding a Grant, the applicant and school hereby assign, transfer and convey, effective upon any submission, all right, title and interest in and to the application, including all associated copyright and other intellectual property rights. Applicants and schools will not be paid for submitted applications or for the granting of any rights. By submitting an application, the applicant (on behalf of him/herself and the school) warrants and represents that he/she (and/or the school) is the sole author and creator of the application, the application is truthful and accurate, the application does not violate any applicable law, and the application does not infringe or violate any intellectual property right held by a third party.
7. General Terms and Conditions.